www.TheWindfallTree.com.etsy.com

"Shop Handmade"

6.24.2011

So Little Motivation Left...

Have you ever woke up one weekend morning feeling like you have NO motivation to work on your craft business? Even though you know you need to? Boy...I've really been feeling the weight of my guilt for not wanting to work on my etsy shops or promote on my Twitter account. Lately, I seem to have no motivation and therefore have only made 1 sale this month! Terrible. So I've been thinking alot about how I can motivate myself to work on my home business like I need to...without sacrificing my personal life TOO much lol :) I thought I'd share some silly ways that I've come up with in case you've also felt this way......

1. Drink CAFFEINE! Whether it be coffee, green tea or an energy drink :) If you're not a caffeinated person, grab your favorite drink and sit at your craft table/area. 

2. Put yourself in your art room/area where you work with your home business products and look around. You dont even have to DO anything! Just looking around always gives me ideas. I keep a little notebook on hand where I can quickly jot down any new ideas or promotion tips. This will help you motivate yourself because it's always fun creating new ideas :)

3. I can work in a cluttered/messy house....I always start my day off with a little "Quick Pick" (as the Gordanier family calls it lol) and clean up around where I'll be working.

Here are some products that are unique because they were inspired by my quick jotting down of new ideas!




1 comment:

  1. Some of my best Ideas have come when I let my stagnated mind just rest. To look about, take it in and dream of how I would make it come to fruition. It looks like you've got it down!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete