www.TheWindfallTree.com.etsy.com

"Shop Handmade"

6.05.2011

How I Started My Own Business

It all began with a shoe on the wall. A shoe on the wall shouldn't be there at all!! Oh wait SORRY! This is my blog not my sons Dr Seuss book lol! Iv always had a creative side in me. My mother was always working on something...crocheting, knitting, sewing, beading. So I grew up around boxes of craft items :) and loved it.
I would constantly be working on projects as well right by her side lol. I soon found out that I could make some extra money by doing something I LOVED!! Boy that sold me. Found etsy and started my first shop www.KGsKreations.etsy.com . That was great and fun! Put the shop on hold for a few months as I created a sister shop for JUST my sewn products www.TheWindfallTree.etsy.com . Reopened KGK for all my hand-crocheted and knitted items. I now work both shops by myself....no one as a helper or co-partner in crime. I'm proud iv come this far though with my own strength iv been given :) my hubby has always been supportive of me...and I'm sure a little has too do with the extra Taco Bell we can afford and the money were saving for family day trips lol! I also work full time a half hour away...which I try to control my yearning to quit n just be at home doing what I love. I'd have alot more time too try to get my 2 shops working for me full time ;) but right now this is where I'm at and will abide my time. I'm so grateful to my husband for his support n being my best friend through everything. I'm learning not to get stressed dealing with a FT job...2 shops I manage alone...3 kids and cooking n cleaning LOL!! True love haha!




Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

5 comments:

  1. i love the colour in that bag! good luck on your business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I love hearing how many women (and men) are finding ways to be creative. It's wonderful. Best of luck and I look forward to getting to know you. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative :) Love the flower bag!

    -Laurie
    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the nice comments!! :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on starting up your own business! I hope it's been as succcessful as you want it to be. I think it's great that you entered into the venture completely confident in what you can do. Confidence is very important in starting up your own business, especially because there's no guarantee that the business will be successful. You never know until you try, of course. Besides, no business starts out big and successful right out of the door. It takes time and patience, as you have put into your own crafts and businesses. I hope you continue on this path of success and achievement! Good luck!

    - Tammie T. -

    ReplyDelete